Cardinal

Cardinal
Cardinal

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last of the Spring Flowers

The Spring flowers are starting to fade now.  All the daffodils are gone, just one or two narcissus hanging on.  The tulips petals are stretching out and a couple have fallen off.  The phlox still looks gorgeous, as does my daphne.  That isn't actually in full bloom yet and will be fabulous when it is.  That's my favorite shrub, so I just bought another!   Yep, that's right, not done planting yet.  Will I ever be?  I planted a bunch of summer blooming annuals, but the real beauties are the daphne ("Carol Mackie") and the red, double peony (Karl something-or-other). 

Here are pics of the last of my spring flowers.  As always, enjoy!


Pics are of 'Carol Mackie' Daphne, Blue-grape Hyacinth, White Carpet Phlox, Pansies

1 comment:

  1. your pictures are so amazing! beautiful flowers, and i'm all impressed with how much you know about gardening stuff. i'm exceptionally bad at it. you totally need to get those photos printed off and make some awesome cards out of them! they are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete