Cardinal

Cardinal
Cardinal

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Filling in the gap

There's always a week or so in between the peonies dropping their blooms and the roses coming out in full where there's a bit of a lull in flowers around here.  So to fill in the gap I try to make sure I've got plenty of annuals.  There are pansies and petunias in the back and in the window boxes.  And in the flowering pots I've got African daisies, Celosia and one w/ teeny little white flowers that I buy every year and always forget the name of...

African Daisies

The Celosia

The White Stuff

And just this morning I planted two hanging baskets full of Torenia in pink & purple and Alyssum in purple and white.

2 comments:

  1. Had a nice surprise last week - when sitting out on the deck, a hummingbird came and sipped off of the Torenia. Will have to keep my camera out there with me whenever I sit out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on the other blog, you have some great flower pics, Sue!

    ReplyDelete