Cardinal

Cardinal
Cardinal

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walking through the neighborhood

Last week (before the week of wet began), I walked Jessica to pre-school and brought my camera along.  It was a gorgeous, sunny morning with a perfect blue sky.  The perfect background for all of the trees that were either in full bloom or at least full bud.

Our King Crimson maple is the header pic.  I loved how the sun was making the red leaves glow.  I don't think the pic does justice to how pretty it really was.  And of course, the flowering trees are always gorgeous.



I was also fascinated by the pine trees - they are so heavy w/ little cones this year.  I really don't remember them being this full before.


The final tree pic was of my neighbor's Sand Cherry.  I covet this tree/bush.  I should just go ahead and buy one, but don't really have a good spot for it.  So for now I'll have to be happy with seeing this one from across the street.

If you haven't taken a walk around your neighborhood yet, I highly recommend it.  There are so many different and pretty things to look at.

1 comment:

  1. Sue these photo's are gorgeous!!!
    The best part of winter is when it's over and everything is starting to bloom.
    How boring it would be to live where it is always the same.

    ReplyDelete